The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.what does a music degree get a person?..

this thread pops up on my exact opposite, south west ass all the time....just i thought i'd throw in, it helps you make sense of 1's and 2's and make love, not sure why you'd have to go to school... . .., .. ., . . .., no school required.....

Sweet Jesus on roller skates!!! No. NO!!!!!

We’ve already got one refuge from Arizona and another beaver hatin’ wackadoodle from the great Pacific NW. We don’t need more foreigners.

Build a wall!!!!!!!!! Better still, tear down all the bridges over the Connecticut River!!!!!!!

And let’s buy Greenland while we’re at it. That is just a refinement on a really great idea that the Brits had ages ago. Round up all the undesirables, the nose pickers, the beady eyed slack jawed cretins who mumble as they read, and anyone with more than four political bumper stickers on the back of their Subaru, and ship them off to Australia. Only this time, we send them to Greenland. The Brits problem children turned the Outback into paradise, let’s see what our ne’er-do-wells can do with Greenland.

So unless you’ve got a REALLY warm jacket you should stay home.

Get off my lawn, ya Bastid!

The Australian Solution was my first thought, expressed on another thread, when I first heard that. I was unable at the time to cleverly work in Johnathan Swift's A Modest Proposal into it, but never mind that now.
Ok, it was my second thought. The first being a desire to hide global warming, but that's not important here.

Something not quite right here...are they ninja storms? Cloaked tropical depressions?
Capture.JPG

That map usually has little white or red marks for hurricanes or tropical depressions
It was the absolute absence of any marks, not even for Dorian, that caused me to wonder, even when they themselves have said there should be 9 such marks somewhere.
I really used to like Weather Underground.
Of course, I also used to like Mateuse Rose. But that's a story from a universe long long ago. I think I was in college, but the memory ... something ...

"the two hemispheres are fundamentally at odds,,,hemisphere,,,hemisphere.."

and then of course, he slumps over, his head hits the steering wheel of the '64 Malibu, the horn goes off,, and the car hits the curb.

Later edit; sorry for being so oblique, some context for de unculterated:

Last edited:
I’m thinking the first weekend in October for Masstoberfest but there are some life circumstances that may throw a spanner into to works. Spawn #1 is due to spawn herself two or so weeks afterwards. Yes, the human gene pool will continue to need a healthy dose of sodium hypochlorite.

More concerning is my MIL’s health, she’s been unwell lately and at + 90 anything is a potential problem.

All that said, I don’t want to cancel Masstoberfest, for some inexplicable reason I like seeing all of you guys once a year. Certainly no more frequently than that, but once a year I can put up with.

So mark the date in your calendar but write it in pencil. Updates to follow
Uh-huh, blame it on spawn #1 and the MIL...

paulie's dilema2.jpg

What's up, fekkers? Haven't stopped by in ages but it just came to my attention about Jeff's passing and I just wanted to offer my condolences. I only "knew" him briefly online prior to his illness, but understand that Cape and a few others were close with him. Again, I'll raise a glass and spray some extra fekkin deet on myself and children this weekend.

What's up, fekkers? Haven't stopped by in ages but it just came to my attention about Jeff's passing and I just wanted to offer my condolences. I only "knew" him briefly online prior to his illness, but understand that Cape and a few others were close with him. Again, I'll raise a glass and spray some extra fekkin deet on myself and children this weekend.

It brought it full circle with the three cases of EEE by your folks and where my sister lives. No bueno.

The State sprayed the beejeezus over our area in CM where there's a big DFW wildlife wetlands impound and preserve. I was out on the deck sipping a beer at dusk and heard the spray plane on a pass way the heck before it flew right over the house wicked low - definitely sub-500 feet (and I live a quarter mile from Minuteman so we know "500 feet"). Scooted indoors and slammed the door...

Not that I'm happy with the way this season went but it's not like we haven't seen this paradigm before (classic example: 2012-2013-2014, division worst to WC champs then back to division worst).

If past is prolog there should be a World Series win in a couple of years :)

The only thing that bothers me at all is the Red Sox used to have the envy of the league wrt farm systems. That's what Dombrowski bargained away for short-term results (and frankly, in these results-demanding times, who can blame him?)...

I am a cynical pessimist - total curmudgeon, even have the badge - but I'm also old as hell and have seen it all.
We're fortunate to reside in a general area that supports team payrolls at the limit, so I don't expect a downturn to last long.
I've marked the calendar. And thanks for doing this again :mug:

Back