How tall is a 2.5gal corny keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been considering buying a keg system but I like brewing in mini batches. I've eyeballed Midwest's used 2.5 gal system for $109

Can anybody tell me how tall is a 2.5g keg?

I'd like to know if I can stack them with the my quart bottles w/o having to adjust the beer fridge shelving. I mainly use qrt PET bottles now and I've got two rows of space.

3761-06xmas-popsbirthday.jpg

I haven't been driven to kegging because bottling has been fairly easy.

I've got $200 bucks of birthday $$ to blow on HB gear. I'm thinking on getting an HLT for AG and a mini keg system.

Oh - BTW the bottom row is my fishing worms. :D

I'm not sure how tall a 2.5 gallon corny is, but a 5 gallon is 25 inches I think. I pulled one half of the shelves out of my fridge and can put two 5 gallon cornies and a 5# tank on one half of the fridge. I know Williams sells the 2.5 gallon cornies new, but they are pretty expensive. I would suggest a kegging system over the german mini-kegs. I have the mini-kegs as well and it doesn't work very well. You have to drink the keg pretty quick and you'll use a ton of the cartridges. I'm much happier with the 5 gallon cornies now. Best thing I've done since going AG.

I just measured mine. It is 13.5" to the top of the disconnects for the 2.5 gallon and 17" for the 3 gallon

msiler said:
I just measured mine. It is 13.5" to the top of the disconnects for the 2.5 gallon and 17" for the 3 gallon

Thanks!! - Just what I was looking for.

My top shelf is 13.25" and the bottom is 13.63" So, I could barely squeeze it in on the bottom.

Awesome - :rockin:

Keep in mind though that you'll need an additional approx. 1-2 inches above the height of the keg for the fittings that snap over the posts. If your fridge shelves are adjustable, you probably would have to make a bit more room to be able to fit the keg in with the hoses connected through the fittings. It's both the height of the fitting as well as some clearance for the lines themselves.

Latest posts

Back