Experiment!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disektikus

Reaction score
I know it's not exactly the best thing to do to make a tasty cider but I decided to experiment and make a cider using the alcotec high alcohol turbo 48 yeast.

I started it earlier today and it's been going brilliantly, I followed the instructions of the yeast and put in the nutrients and the active carbon, my question really is by putting in the active carbon to get rid of the off flavours that the yeast produces, Is this going to take away all of the apple flavour I actually want to keep?

By the way I'm fully aware that it's not designed to be used to make cider and it's probably going to taste horrible but it was a request from my brother for his 18th bday for me to brew him a super high alcohol content cider! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!!

I'm sure it will make as decent a cider as the ingredients allow. What type of juice did you use? Are you kegging? Bottling? If you keg, then knocking out the yeast with sorbate/sulfite, and adding AJ concentrate to back sweeten, you'll be fine. If bottling, then...

You'll find out soon. And post up your results so we learn from your experiences. Cheers!

I'll be bottling and used own brand supermarket juice from concentrate, so the active carbon isn't gunna remove any pf the apple flavouring? And will do!

Back