Kegerator power

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoBrew

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a full sized fridge and converting it to a kegerator. I'm moving in a few days and I'm not fully aware of where this thing will be going or what kind of circuits/outlets will be available. Can anyone tell me if I need anything special to power this, or can it just be plugged into any standard 3 prong outlet?

Thanks

My fridge (and every fridge I have ever owned) runs on a standard 3-prong grounded outlet. Simple kegging equipment requires no additional electric power as far as I am aware...

You just want to make sure it's not on the same breaker as another fridge/freezer. if they kick on at the same time, it will trip the breaker and you'll have a sad day.

Usually the same voltage but a 20amp circuit will be fine. I'm not sure what summer temps are like in TN, but in TX i need that 20amp circuit because the fridge is running a LOT more power to keep things cool in my fridge.

Back