CFWC Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbugawkagawk

Reaction score
I just bought a counter flow wort chiller, do i need a pump or should i be able to gravity feed it. Also do i need a hop back device? I wouldn't think so since there are no fins to clog

I gravity feed mine. Definitely take precautions against hops getting into the coil, it can still get clogged. I use a hop strainer bag in my boil kettle.

i am waiting on my weldless fitting to come in the mail. I was going to use high temp tubing to siphon it outfor now , shouldn't have said racking cane that would be dumb unless you like plastic beer.

also i know this is off topic here, but i have a sankey keg that i can turn into a kettle, it seems like it would be too heavy but could i use a turkey fryer stand to boil my wort with? I dont know if anyone has done this successfully without it collapsing and burning everything in sight. I plan on making a stand eventually but money is tight and want to go as far as my budget will let me go.

I hang a bag inside the kettle which holds the hops. Before chilling, I remove the bag and all the hops from the kettle.

Whether your turkey fryer can handle a 15 gallon keg is a matter of how it's built. Some turkey fryers are designed only for 7.5 gallon kettles, others can handle 20+ gallon kettles easily.

i am waiting on my weldless fitting to come in the mail. I was going to use high temp tubing to siphon it outfor now , shouldn't have said racking cane that would be dumb unless you like plastic beer.

I figured you meant stainless racking cane. My concern was not that you were using plastic its that it seems getting a siphon started with boiling liquid could easily lead to you getting burnt.

I would wait in those weldless fittings before you use the CFC

Back