Belgian tripel with orAnge peel spice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbell21

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the brewers best belgian tripel with an orange peel spice? I love belgian white with the hint of citrus, is a belgian tripel comparable?

I brewed a tripel with a half oz of orange peel and i liked the flavor. Was pretty subtle but went well with the style in my opinion.

Was the orange peel really prevalent? Or could you just taste a hint of it? I just like getting a little citrus aftertaste...and when you add the spices do you just add them when you go to secondary? And usually for how long do you leave the spices in there?

It would probably taste pretty good, but a traditional tripel gets it's flavor from the yeast and fermentation management as opposed to spice additions.

I added it during the boil, and it didn't really add a citrusy taste, more like a bitterness type flavor. At least not like the citrus from dry hopping an IPA. Was using dry yeast so was going for a simulated Belgian yeast flavor I guess in the kit I was using, since then have gone to liquid yeasts for Belgian beers. Would definitely give it a try though, see if you like it.

Latest posts

Back