more newbie fermenting questions ....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gp125racer

Reaction score
So its been almost 24hrs exactly now, but noactivity in the airlock.

Its got a good head of foam on it, and I can see all types of bubbling and churning going on inside the carboy.

Also, when I brewed (EG) I used a nylon mesh bag for the grain and the hops. I poured all the wort from the kettle into the carboy once it was cool enough, is that hurting me?

Thanks a million!
-=gp125racer=-
:mug:

Check to see if the stopper is stuck into the top of the carboy with an airtight seal. Also check to see if you put enough water in the airlock. IF the water is too low, the co2 will pass right through with no bubbles. The churning and bubbles inside are AWESOME. co2 is being produced, it's just getting out of the carboy by some mischevious means.

monk

Monk you are awesome!

Thanks for the quick response.

The airlock didnt have enough water in it! As soon as I put more water in it shes bubbling like crazy!

Im not planning on doing a secondary, will the trub that I poured in hurt me?

-=gp125racer=-

No, you'll just have more trub. I would keep it in the primary for 2 weeks if you are not going to do a secondary & then bottle or keg it.

Back