Just moved to Utah any other bootlegger home brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynfrog

Reaction score
Home brewing is technically illegal here but there are a few home brew shops.

Im looking to start All grain and wouldn't mind a little help.

How do we know you're not one of them? Do you know the secret handshake?

Seriously, welcome to Utah. I just started brewing all grain myself, so I'm not sure I'm much help. There are several more experienced brewers here than myself.

It's illegal but there are still shops? I wonder what the penalty is if you are caught brewing...

If I lived in Utah, I would turn on Judas Priest - Breakin the Law and brew up some beer :)

You're not breaking the law until you pitch yeast. So, it'd really be a shame if all of your batches of sugary malt drink got infected with some crazy strain of Sacch. cerv. I mean, you can't help a rampant infection, can you?

And to think SWMBO and I are looking into Utah as a possible place to live. I have been wondering if they had a law against it considering the ABV limit.

Brew Dude said:
It's illegal but there are still shops? I wonder what the penalty is if you are caught brewing...

If I lived in Utah, I would turn on Judas Priest - Breakin the Law and brew up some beer :)
I think its comparable to jay walking

I have actually been on the forum for months I think I have read all of it;)

bethlehembrewer said:
And to think SWMBO and I are looking into Utah as a possible place to live. I have been wondering if they had a law against it considering the ABV limit.
its not bad but I miss denver

Yuri_Rage said:
You're not breaking the law until you pitch yeast. So, it'd really be a shame if all of your batches of sugary malt drink got infected with some crazy strain of Sacch. cerv. I mean, you can't help a rampant infection, can you?
what if there is some yeast cake left in the carboy I poured into :tank:

Latest posts

Back