The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the_bird said:
I don't follow hockey in the least... but how come giving up two goals in seventeen seconds isn't being talked about as a choke job of Bucknerian proportions?

Because 17 seconds can be an eternity in hockey.

That said, they pooped in da bed Monday. That stuff shouldn't happen.

ComcastWineRookie said:
Just wanted to say good morning from Philly.

I thought rookie wasn't going to say anything until he returned from Philly Sunday night!?!?

ComcastWineRookie said:
just for you, ill take this thursday thru sunday off, ill be too busy in Philly to come on here

View attachment 131697
Heeeeyyyyy yyyyooooouuuuuu ggggguuuuuyyyyys, I'm in Philly!!!

Bird - what do you think about the C's trade?

Prolly not a bad move - they weren't gonna win in the next couple years with this team anyways (with the Heat, OKC, etc. younger and better). So, cut some cap space, load up on 1st rounders and either draft smart, or use them to trade for a couple big pieces in a couple years?

Absolutely love the trade. They unloaded the core of a .500 ballclub (KG, Pierce, and Doc Rivers) in exchange for four first round draft picks and the right to swap picks with the Nyets in 2017. The guys they brought back in don't even matter; Gerald Wallace is massively overpaid, but I'd rather overpay him for three years than Jason Terry for the next two. They've committed to Rondo rather than sell him for thirty cents on the dollar. They're going to suck, suck, suck next year and probably the year after, but they're starting to pick up assets to use to make another KG/Ray Allen-type trade in a few years' time. They might even do something this summer; they now have Kris Humphries' $12M expiring contract, they might be able to package that, Avery Bradley, and one of the first rounders to pick up Josh Smith in a sign+trade, if they so chose.

And the picks they've acquired are from the Clippers and the Nets - two teams expected to be excellent in 2014, but will they still be great in 2015-2018? There's a real chance (given the age of their key players) that the Nets could royally suck at some point between 2016 and 2018, and those first rounders of theirs could be very high picks - kind of like how Red Auerbach acquired the #2 overall pick (the Len Bias pick) in the year they won the title.

So, I absolutely love the trade even though it makes the team unwatchable next year.

Absolutely love the trade. They unloaded the core of a .500 ballclub (KG, Pierce, and Doc Rivers) in exchange for four first round draft picks and the right to swap picks with the Nyets in 2017. The guys they brought back in don't even matter; Gerald Wallace is massively overpaid, but I'd rather overpay him for three years than Jason Terry for the next two. They've committed to Rondo rather than sell him for thirty cents on the dollar. They're going to suck, suck, suck next year and probably the year after, but they're starting to pick up assets to use to make another KG/Ray Allen-type trade in a few years' time. They might even do something this summer; they now have Kris Humphries' $12M expiring contract, they might be able to package that, Avery Bradley, and one of the first rounders to pick up Josh Smith in a sign+trade, if they so chose.

And the picks they've acquired are from the Clippers and the Nets - two teams expected to be excellent in 2014, but will they still be great in 2015-2018? There's a real chance (given the age of their key players) that the Nets could royally suck at some point between 2016 and 2018, and those first rounders of theirs could be very high picks - kind of like how Red Auerbach acquired the #2 overall pick (the Len Bias pick) in the year they won the title.

So, I absolutely love the trade even though it makes the team unwatchable next year.

As long as it doesn't turn into Pitino and Antoine Walker v2.0. :eek:

Though in fairness; Pitino's years should'a brought in Duncan if the draft wasn't rigged.

Danny's been good with those picks, though, even when they're middle-of-the-first. He's been a pretty good drafter (although he got lucky a few times; trading the #5 overall for Ray Allen instead of drafting Yi Jianlian, and having Seattle draft Robert Swift so he got stuck with Big Al Jefferson (which ultimately helped net KG). On balance, though, he's picked up quite a few useful players even when picking in the 20s (Rondo, Tony Allen, etc).

That's not oil, that's the Atlantic Ocean. And the Rookie might not be the only D'bag around.

That's Boston Light in the background (just off the bow) the oldest lighthouse in the country. Still running today, warning mariners approaching Bodton harbor of the dangers therein. Like Rookie. And the_bird. They're D-bags.

image-3917934949.jpg

Alright, so doesn't look like that's going to work. We're going to be out there at the end of August, I she she's taking the kids out for a full week and I'll drive out for one weekend, and we've already got a Buffalo trip (ugh) in the works for early July. Plus, I've got a house to paint. Sorry, dude.

So lemme see if I've got this straight. Shan just got home from two weeks in Italy without you or the kids. She's off for the summer. She's already planning on a week lakeside with the kids while you stay home to paint the house and go to freakin'' BUFFALO! As in, Buffalo NY?

Is that really what you just said?

So lemme see if I've got this straight. Shan just got home from two weeks in Italy without you or the kids. She's off for the summer. She's already planning on a week lakeside with the kids while you stay home to paint the house and go to freakin'' BUFFALO! As in, Buffalo NY?

Is that really what you just said?

The best friggin' vacation I can imagine involves a week of peace and solitude, paintbrush in hand or not.

The new Ale House down the street opened this weekend. A little underwhelming. They has ~25 beers on draft, but nothing all that exciting. Food was OK, although they ran out of a lot of things (they'll figure that out; they ran out of hamburger buns, so I had my burger on a flatbread which wasn't half-bad).

But, a nice little place, some good beers and probably more coming, and they did *not* have any Bog Water stinkin' up the joint.

It's amazing, the number of resteraunts that don't have a drop of Bog Water on the premises! And they seem to be doing just fine.

Running out of hamburg rolls on Opening Day ... Bad.

Soggy French Fries ... Aweful mistake.

Serving Bog Water ... Kiss of Death.

homebeerbrewer said:
Wow, Rookie actually showed up for something, he really was at the NHC.

It was probably his annoying twin. I guess his flight got delayed 4 hours, too bad it wasn't a week.

So Rick, how many embarrassing photos were taken of you?

I saw a few got their photo taken with Charlie P!

Back