• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Worth it? Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkiSoloII

Splitting the beer atom since 1996
Reaction score
Found a Commercial True TDD-1-S, small footprint with 3 taps! 3 flojet regulators, cooled tower, stainless. Used.

Reasonable shape.

$900. Does this sound like a good price?:confused:

Dave

if this is designed to hold bmc kegs then yes its a pretty good price.

if its a conversion to hold three cornies then it its just an okay price.

Do all of these bells and whistles really justify the price for you? If so - go for it! If not, look for something cheaper and build it up from there.

My kegerator came with 1 faucet but can FIT 3 cornies. Add a gas distro block, and a new tower - VIOLA! 3 taps.
-Me

I can't answer your questions. Here's a couple of pics. Commercial "Oversized, factory balanced, refrigeration system," cooled tower, etc. do seem to be worth it over a Danby or Haier with 3 taps for more money...

True_Taps.jpg

True_Kegerator.jpg

True_Interior.jpg

Dave

this does look like someone has converted a sanyo keg to handle cornies. you could go buy a new one for about 350, yes it wont be all stainless and you'll have to upgrade the tower and taps but that will run you under 200.

To sum up what others are implicating without saying directly, $900 seems awfully steep. Look for a better deal or try to bargain the seller down by several hundred dollars.

this does look like someone has converted a sanyo keg to handle cornies. you could go buy a new one for about 350, yes it wont be all stainless and you'll have to upgrade the tower and taps but that will run you under 200.

I don't think so.........Find me a kegerator that size for $350 brand new.....

For a new TDD-1, that's not a terrible price. I got my used TDD-3 for $300 though and found 2 Danby kegerators that'll hold a sankey for $100 each. I'm borrowing one and I'm pretty sure I can fit 3 cornies in there.

-1 for buying it...

It'd be much cheaper to convert your own or wait until someone else throws a kegerator on the market.

Back