Clarification Question in the Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoiv

Reaction score
Ok, I brewed up a Belgian Wit (one of my favorites) and forgot to add the whirfloc. The beer is a little cloudier than I would like and the yeasties are taking their time dropping out. I plan on racking into a Keg next week sometime (probably later in the week) and was wondering if I could toss a whirfloc tablet into each keg to clarify it some. I'm not crazy about the idea of using Gelatin, but may go that route.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Go ahead and use gelatin. Also how many kegs do you have??

I have cut 1 and a half inches off the bottom of the dip tubes on most of my kegs. This allows me to either use the keg as a secondary or simply add gelatin then rack into it. The gelatin will solidify with all the junk well below the dip tube.

This will give you awesome clear beer!!!

You only loose about half to three quarters of a pint cutting the dip tube, not much to get nice clear beer.

Later

Lochboy

ps. Tune into The Brewing Network to get extra info, that where I found out about this.

cold conditioning will do wonders to help beer clear. patience is really where it's at.

Back