Kegging Question: storage temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just kegged my first beer yesterday - an ale. What is the best temperature to store the keg as it carbonates? I currently have it in my basement. Do I need it refrigerated right now?

So you primed with half the sugar and are keg conditioning rather than force carbing?

If yes, you want it at 70F. Treat it just like a bottle you are carbing: 3 weeks at 70F.

Yes, naturally carbing, not forced. I'll check the temp of my basement, but should be room temp down there. Thanks for the insights.

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone know how long many session style ales will keep at 65-68 F while stored in a keg and carbed with corn sugar? With an addional baby on the way I am running out of time to brew so I was thinking of brewing larger volumes (going from 5 gallons to 10 gallons) and kegging both of these, placing one in my keezer and the other stored in our basement at 66 F.

Latest posts

Back