hard Snapple?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most commercial beverages that are sweet are sweet for a reason. If you do this I would highly recommend you back-sweeten with an unfermentable artificial sweetener to compensate for that.

Most commercial beverages that are sweet are sweet for a reason. If you do this I would highly recommend you back-sweeten with an unfermentable artificial sweetener to compensate for that.

hmmm anyone else have any experiments with fermenting sweet tea?

Do a search here for "St Louis Summer Tea". It sounded tasty so I have a five gallon batch ready to secondary. I used raspberries instead of the sweet cherries the original poster used in his, and T-58 instead of wine yeast. So far it smells great!

Should be good ice cold on a hot summer night.

hmmm anyone else have any experiments with fermenting sweet tea?

yes.. I brewed up some tea a while back and sweetened it to get my OG to 1.080 or so.. pitched yeast then fermented it dry.. sorbate and sulphites and backsweetened.. some LOVED it others thought ot was ok.. no one hated it.

Back