Christmas Beer Recipe??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkyrie-M1

Reaction score
Hey there all! I'm just starting the home brew hobby/addiction/passion and have brewed three batches so far... two kits and one partial extract. I'm wanting to brew a nice Christmas spiced beer using vanilla, bourbon, and spices (cinnamon, cloves, etc). I've seen a lot of porters along those lines, but am wondering if anyone can suggest a lighter beer (amber, brown, red) and a recipe. I think I can cut and paste from several different recipes if need be. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey there all! I'm just starting the home brew hobby/addiction/passion and have brewed three batches so far... two kits and one partial extract. I'm wanting to brew a nice Christmas spiced beer using vanilla, bourbon, and spices (cinnamon, cloves, etc). I've seen a lot of porters along those lines, but am wondering if anyone can suggest a lighter beer (amber, brown, red) and a recipe. I think I can cut and paste from several different recipes if need be. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I brewed this Holiday Spiced Ale last October and it was ready by Christmas. And it turned out just like the posted pic and just as good as he stated.

Doesn't have any vanilla or bourbon but nothing says you can't add and or replace some ingredients.

If it hasn't been converted to Extract yet let me (or someone else) know and we can to it for you.

Edit: Scroll down to post 36 - it's already been converted.

Thanks Whut! I've done a "mini mash" before and I'd like to keep working my way to all grain so if there is a way to convert this to a partial mash that would be sweet. The pic looks great btw!

Could try droping the 2-row down to 2 lbs. and either 5 lbs. of dme or 6 lbs. of lme. That would give your roughly the same OG as the all grain version.

Thanks Whut! I've done a "mini mash" before and I'd like to keep working my way to all grain so if there is a way to convert this to a partial mash that would be sweet. The pic looks great btw!

I didn't input the #'s in Beer Smith but basically follow what Chrisl says and reduce 2-row down to 2 lbs and replace with either of the suggested amounts of DME or LME. Then steep the grains in 2 gallons of water at 155° for 45 minutes (using a steeping bag of course). Then evenly rinse with 170° water with 1 quart of water for every 2 pounds of grain.

I'd then add another gallon of water and proceed.

Thanks all... I think I may give this one a try! If I do, I'll try and remember to let you know how it turns out.

Back