Slowed fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsyoung

Reaction score
I've been brewing a porter for a week now and the airlock shows activity about every 8 to 10 seconds. The hydrometer has read at about 1.029 for the past 2 days and the OG is 1.08. This reading still seems too high for it to be through fermenting. I was wondering what my options are? Should I just wait longer?

I've been brewing a porter for a week now and the airlock shows activity about every 8 to 10 seconds. The hydrometer has read at about 1.029 for the past 2 days and the OG is 1.08. This reading still seems too high for it to be through fermenting. I was wondering what my options are? Should I just wait longer?

What yeast did you use and how much? Starter? What is the fermentation temp? Extract or all grain?

helibrewer said:
What yeast did you use and how much? Starter? What is the fermentation temp? Extract or all grain?

I used 1 vial of British ale yeast (WLP005), did not use a starter, fermenting at 70 deg, LME
Thanks for any input you may have

Latest posts

Back