What would you choose? - Friday nonsense for bored office drones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
You have been kidnapped, taken to a completely unescapable fortress. You are blindfolded in a room that has no windows for light, and is locked tight. There is, since this is a fictional cell, absolutely no way out other than complying with your captors demands.

But no, your kidnapper is neither looking for ransom nor does he require you to be his slave (sexual or otherwise), no, he's just kind of a weird jerk.

On the table in front of you, a pint glass of a mystery beverage and a plate of a mystery food of roughly equal volume. In order to be let go you must either drink the entire beverage, or eat the entire plate of food. You are not permitted to taste them both first, nor can you detect anything giving away what it is by smelling it (its a magic smell-free room). Touching either the liquid or the food is also against the rules (you must pick up the pint glass or use a knife and fork. You are assured that neither the beverage nor the food are poisoned.

Since there is no one in the room to stab with the knife, you are basically getting out of there as your overlord intends. I suppose refusing to play and starving to death is a third option, but its an uninteresting one.

Which option would you choose?

I'm going with the drink. There is always the slight chance that it is homebrew. Nowhere did it say that the food or drink was definitely offending, its just a mystery.

Of course, the mystery food, COULD be bacon....Or even better, Boudin!

Hmmmmmmmm

Huh. Equal chance of dying, no possible alternatives due to it being a highly fictionalized environment?

Since the environment is fictional, I imagine myself up a magical teleporter. Just try and stop me.

Huh. Equal chance of dying, no possible alternatives due to it being a highly fictionalized environment?

Since the environment is fictional, I imagine myself up a magical teleporter. Just try and stop me.

I just imagined a teleporter prevention dome. No teleporters can enter now.

I'd ask the computer on the left which door the other computer would tell me to open and do the opposite. That way, if that computer is the one that always lies it would tell me a lie. But if it were the computer that always tells the truth, it would tell me the lie that the other computer would say. Either way by doing the opposite, I would not get eaten by the tiger hiding behind one of the doors.

I'd ask the computer on the left which door the other computer would tell me to open and do the opposite. That way, if that computer is the one that always lies it would tell me a lie. But if it were the computer that always tells the truth, it would tell me the lie that the other computer would say. Either way by doing the opposite, I would not get eaten by the tiger hiding behind one of the doors.

Wrong.

Bob Barker is behind door number 1.

that's one of my faves Revvy.

Back