Fog Ducker IPA (from the All Amarillo recipe)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koomber

Reaction score
Just wondering what the good good people of the forum think of this brew. It is HEAVILY based on TheJadedDog's All Amarillo IPA

Basically I didn't have enough Amarillo so I've used some Williamette I had kicking around.

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 18.93 L
Boil Size: 22.71 L
Estimated OG: 1.067 SG
Estimated Color: 17.4 EBC
Estimated IBU: 59.3 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.56 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (5.9 EBC) Grain 96.08 %
0.23 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (118.2 EBC) Grain 3.92 %
42.50 gm Amarillo Gold [9.40 %] (60 min) Hops 44.7 IBU -
28.30 gm Williamette [6.70 %] (15 min) Hops 10.5 IBU
28.30 gm Williamette [6.40 %] (5 min) Hops 4.0 IBU
28.30 gm Amarillo Gold [9.40 %] At Flame Out Hops -------
1 Pkgs SafAle 05 Yeast-Ale

It looks like it should be okay. I was going to use more hops to get it bitterer than the all amarillo (original IBU 45) but the Amarillo I have has an alpha of 9.4% so using the quantites recommended give an IBU of 59.3 which looks okay. Will this still be a representative American style IPA or have I missed the mark completely?

Are you a rail? The name is used commonly up here with train crews. Switch up a few letters of course.

Nothing so interesting. It's one of those things that amuse me on predictive texts on mobile phones :D

Brewed this now. I'll see how it goes and with any luck I'll be able to submit it to the recipe section proper!

"1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-05) Yeast-Ale"

Do you mean the US-05 American Yeast or the S-04 English Yeast?

(There's no such thing as "S-05")

Woops. Some poor editing on my part there. I used Safale-05 yeast in the brew. Thanks for pointing out the mistake. I'll edit accordingly.

Back