Ice water bath resistent labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormBird

Reaction score
When I go party, if I don't bring a keg, I bring a cooler full of ice and bottles.

I'd like to label my St. Pati's day brew, but short of buying the avery wine labels (what a pain to remove) what are my good options?

I'd like something that stays good in cold water, but isn't too much of a pain to remove in hot.

I can use the color laser printer at work, but what kind of paper, and what to use for glue?

Polypropylene weather resistant label stock with permanent adhesive works great. We use it on many of our wine and beer labels and have found it stands up to the rigors of ice and water. Because it doesn't tear it peels off with no soaking.

I've used waterproof paper used for mailing labels and it sucks trying to get it off. Give these a whirl. www.beerclings.com They stay on fine with just ice. Then they peel right off. Super easy and you can reuse them.

Back