Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel Witch
Arch Enemy
Austrian Death Machine
D.R.I.
Demon Hunter (old stuff)
Dethklok
The Exploited (believe it or not they went metal later in their career)
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Killswitch Engage
Megadeth
Metallica (old)
Motorhead
Officer Negative
Ozzy
Probot
Ringworm
Slayer
Tourniquet

Damn I went back to the depths of my collection and found Iced Earth, I had forgotten about them! hahahahha. Thanks!

he who needs no intro, the timeless guardian...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reverend Bizarre
Saint Vitus
Witchfinder General
Pentagram
Hour of 13
Pagan Altar
Blood Ceremony
Cirith Ungol
:rockin:

headbanger said:
I like pretty much everything as long as it's metal, lots of good prog stuff around nowadays... DT's getting ready to release a new one although I was not very impressed by the new single.

Gotta love those earlier Dream Theater...Images and Words, Awake...after awhile they've just got kind of boring though...same 'ole hat. I thought it was sad hearing about Portnoy playing with Avenged Sevenfold, but hell, I can't hate him for wanting to take different directions.

Anyone listen to Cynic?

probably one of the most overlooked metal bands in history...

A couple of female-fronted acts that have really caught my ear lately...

I haven't been listening to any specific albums recently, but here's what's on my current playlist:

Behemoth
Keep of Kalessin
Nile
Amon Amarth
Septic Flesh
Tyr
Falkenbach
Obscura
Turisas
Arkona
The Black Dahlia Murder

A couple of female-fronted acts that have really caught my ear lately...

*Castle*

Haha, I'll take your Castle and raise it with Dark Castle! :drunk:

Doomy and/or sludgy and I believe they're supporting YOB along with Kongh(excellent, should be checked out) on a european tour this fall, sure will be a heavy night.

Haha, I'll take your Castle and raise it with Dark Castle! :drunk:

Doomy and/or sludgy and I believe they're supporting YOB along with Kongh(excellent, should be checked out) on a european tour this fall, sure will be a heavy night.

Me likey! :ban:

I haven't been listening to any specific albums recently, but here's what's on my current playlist:

Behemoth
Keep of Kalessin
Nile
Amon Amarth
Septic Flesh
Tyr
Falkenbach
Obscura
Turisas
Arkona
The Black Dahlia Murder

:rockin:

It would be around 3 hours from my house. I don't know anyone else that likes them at all. Plus I hate Detroit. I got lost in downtown Detroit once and it was horrible.

getting old. haven't heard of most of these people. i'm an 80's metalhead. almost any metal from 1982-1987, except metallica

getting old. haven't heard of most of these people. i'm an 80's metalhead. almost any metal from 1982-1987, except metallica

There's lots of good metal out there nowadays, you just have to dig a little to find it, radio's dead. Bands like Overkill, Anvil, Accept, Exodus, Iron Maiden, Manilla Road, and Saxon have all released exceptional new records lately as well. It's definitely a good time to be a metalhead. :rockin:

I'm a pretty huge Opeth fan. They are coming to Detroit in October and I'm thinking about going.

Massive opeth fan here. You should definitely go see them

I got my VIP tickets for Oct 25th in Denver. Meet and greet with the band + a bunch of signed crap = :rockin:

Massive opeth fan here. You should definitely go see them

I got my VIP tickets for Oct 25th in Denver. Meet and greet with the band + a bunch of signed crap = :rockin:

About time for a new Opeth record isn't it?

Tomorrow I'll be seeing Obscura, Septic Flesh, Devin Townshend, and Children of Bodom. Should be a good show.

About time for a new Opeth record isn't it?

Yup, this September. Although it is going to be completely different than the Opeth you are used to. So different in fact that they had to fire a member because "he didnt feel comfortable playing that type of music". hmm

Yup, this September. Although it is going to be completely different than the Opeth you are used to. So different in fact that they had to fire a member because "he didnt feel comfortable playing that type of music". hmm

They've been all over the map to date so this should be interesting.

Their new album is best I've heard so far, but it's only the first half! I can't wait to hear the second half. I'm trying to find other bands similar to them. Do you know of any?

They're pretty original so I'll have to think on it some. Bands like Outworld and Odd Dimension come to mind on the BTBAM "proggy" parts but that's as far as the similarity goes. I like their new one too but still can't get over Colors... Guess it just hasn't grown on me enough yet but I've only spun it a couple of times so far.

They're pretty original so I'll have to think on it some. Bands like Outworld and Odd Dimension come to mind on the BTBAM "proggy" parts but that's as far as the similarity goes. I like their new one too but still can't get over Colors... Guess it just hasn't grown on me enough yet but I've only spun it a couple of times so far.

Cool, I'll check 'em out. I can't get over it either! Even after seeing them play the whole thing live. You can watch one of their performances of Colors (the whole thing, live) on youtube. :rockin:

Back