one year mr beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benharper13

Reaction score
I have just recently gotten serious about home brew. However I remember about a year and a half ago brewing a Mr beer I found the primary in my closet but have no idea what beer it is and what to do with it

Are you saying you have year old bottled beer, it's prolly the best damn mr beer beer you'd ever drink. I've had it up to 2 years old from my first batches.

But if you are talking about the little brown keg, It's a great 2.5 gallon fermenter. You can do just about anything in it. 2.5 gallon all grain batches on your stovetop, you can make exdperimental batches. A lot of folks make small batches of apfelwein, or other ciders or meads in it. You can even lager in your fridge in it.

It's guite handy.

If you are talking about beer in the mr beer keg from last year i doubt if it;s okay.

I have just recently gotten serious about home brew. However I remember about a year and a half ago brewing a Mr beer I found the primary in my closet but have no idea what beer it is and what to do with it

you forgot about a fermenting vessel of beer in your closet?

it smells ok maybe a little sour. I am considering bottling it and waiting a week or two but don't I need to add sugar? and it it going to kill me? :-0

Speaking of Mr Beer the weather is going to start getting cooler so I am going to get brewing again. This year I am going to use glass carboy for primary fermenting and do you all think it will be alright to use the little brown jug Mr Beer for a secondary and to dry hop?

I have a bottling wand for the new type valve for Mr Beer keg and it works great.

Back