I'm quitting my job...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSkies

Reaction score
...and brewing beer full time. My first homebrew, a Newcastle clone, has been sitting in primary for 3 days, and I just had to steal a sample, for specific gravity testing only, of course. Upon opening the pail I was greeted with the wonderful smell of fresh beer. After a quick gravity test (dropped from 1.059 to 1.024) I figured I might as well give it a little taste- absolutely delicious. I'm trying to convince myself to pull a second sample just to get another sip. I'm hooked. Bad.

In two weeks or so it's off to a carboy, only to make room for my next batch. :)

No real reason to post, just had to share my excitement with someone who'd appreciate it. Cheers fellas!

I'm working on finishing a nut brown ale w/ clover honey, but when I get a kegerator setup that will be on tap constantly.

I hope the next few weeks pass by quickly for you so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor. Cheers

Congrats on the first batch! :mug:

Now stop taking samples so there is actually some beer left when primary fermentation is done. :D If you think it's good now wait until it's 7-8 weeks from brew day (if you can keep it around that long).

I got a brown ale here too and i...cant...stay...away....from it!!! It tastes soooo good and its got about 4 days left in the 2ndary. mmmmmm

I'm with you shane, excited... my first brew is less than 12 hours old and the airlock is bubbling away. I can't wait to try it out!!! in a month or so..... :| But, good things come to those who wait. (Or something like that.)

...and brewing beer full time. My first homebrew, a Newcastle clone, has been sitting in primary for 3 days, and I just had to steal a sample, for specific gravity testing only, of course. Upon opening the pail I was greeted with the wonderful smell of fresh beer. After a quick gravity test (dropped from 1.059 to 1.024) I figured I might as well give it a little taste- absolutely delicious. I'm trying to convince myself to pull a second sample just to get another sip. I'm hooked. Bad.

In two weeks or so it's off to a carboy, only to make room for my next batch. :)

No real reason to post, just had to share my excitement with someone who'd appreciate it. Cheers fellas!

Boy have I got a deal for you! We'll both quit our jobs. You brew the beer and I'll drink it! What a team we could be!

:mug:

But seriously, congrats on the first batch.

Just for kicks, what do you think of this business idea? If it would work, you can all quit your jobs and we can brew together!

Chico is a college town with the downtown/bar area being right next to the campus and within walking distance of most of the student housing. Start up a bar that gets some good college traffic in the evenings and weekends, and also serves some great food for lunch and dinner. Make the meals nice enough so that it's a destination for business luncheons and serves up a semi-fancy dinner, but not overly expensive. This income will float the brewery part of the operation, at least in the short term. As many have said, a successful brewpub is a restaurant first, and brewery second.

Bring in local brewers that have put together award-winning recipes and let them use a 20 gallon system on the premises to brew up a batch of their best stuff. On tap at the bar will be a plethora of regional micro brews in addition to 5-10 local homebrewer's recipes. Every year have a local competition, and make it a style challenge. Bar attendees order a sampler with the top 5 entries, and vote on whose is best.

I know, there is something so satisfying about brewing your own beer! I started doing all grain this spring, and just last week my first lager, I'm so hooked!

Back