Boilermaker Dip Tube is Stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senfo

Reaction score
I just bought a new Blichmann Boilermaker (10 gallon), installed the HopBlocker and brewed my first batch with the new kettle. For whatever reason, I now can't get the dip tube back off to remove the HopBlocker.

Like I said, I just bought the equipment, so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I originally removed the dip tube, it was as simple as pulling it out. It now seems to be stuck solid like it's locked in, but I can't see anything and the HopBlocker is blocking my view.

Am I missing something? Is there a lock I can't see?

there is a set screw on the collar of the diptube that expands in a hole to secure the diptube in it's spot. Remove the hopblocker, and loosen the set screw.

really old thread but - I am struggling with the dip tub on a brand new boilermaker... Do you typically un-screw the set screw each time to remove the dip tube? Is there a secret to getting the dip tube out of the boilermaker easily?

The dip tube is just held in place by the O-rings inside the faucet. Pull it straight out.
The set screw allows you to change the orientation of the tube to the collar which has an alignment pin on its back side...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back