Tap a Draft Force Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattdnyc

Reaction score
Hi all. As I'm sitting here waiting patiently for the FedEx truck to deliver my Tap a Draft, I have a question about force carbonating the bottles.

I have a 5g batch of saison that is waiting to be bottled. I'm going to bulk prime as usual (~3/4 cup corn sugar), and then transfer into two TaD bottles and glass for the rest. My question is, after filling the TaD bottles, can I chill one and hook up a co2 canister to start force carbonating? Or does priming the bottle negate that option? I know, RDWHAHB and wait it out, but I have a friend visiting from out of town next week and I'd love for her to be able to try this batch out.

I searched the other threads on TaD but didn't get a sense of an answer one way or another, so apologize if this has already been covered. Thanks!

No, but you might want to fill one of the TaDs first and force it. If you prime and chill, the priming sugar will make the beer a little sweeter.

Leave the priming sugar out of the bottle you want to force carb. Get it as cold as possible and start feeding the TaD cartridges at least 4-5 days prior to drinking.

Back