Inductor tanks vs Vittle Vaults

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boy

Reaction score
Specifically the plastic involved. I know that both are food grade. While reading about Hess Brewery I saw they are using the inductor tanks some on the forum are using. When it comes to lasting Mikefromcu(Hess member's SN) mentioned that the tanks were much tougher than a normal Ale Pail and would last much longer without leeching flavor or becoming infected. So what about the plastic in Vittle Vaults. I've recently started using the 50lb version as a fermenter and wondered if anyone had a time frame on use. I never use anything other than Oxiclean and rag to clean mine so no worries about scratching or other problems. Is it naive to assume that my VV's will last for quite a long time with no issues. Also I am dedicating each VV to only a certain beer.

Waste of time over inductor tank or feasible alternative.(I don't care about the conical so that debate is needless)

Thanks everyone.

I don't see why the vittle vault wouldn't work. Even with a lot of care, your plastic will still get scratched over time. I only wash my ale pails with a washcloth and soap, but after a couple years they had a fair amount of scratches.

Another option is to use Rubbermaid Brute trashcans as fermenters. The white and gray cans are foodgrade. I know a few micros use the 32-gallon cans, but they come in some smaller sizes, down to 10 gallons, IIRC.

Latest posts

Back