Sample Sized Bottles, brown,green,clear ? who likes what

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffd10

Reaction score
Hi All,

Noob Jeffd here day 7 of my first batch, and I think my head is going to blow off, thinking way to much ... I am so hooked I should have started this new wonderful hobby 10 years ago.

Sample Bottles... I was thinking in 6-7-8 oz range I thought I had a decent bottle @ 9.3 oz but it was a twist-style bottle cap ( I said no!!!)

SWMBO says just put 6-7-8 oz in a 12 and shut-up about it ( I quietly told her she was stupid and wrong) lol JK....

I'll take all suggestions THANKS !!!

:drunk:

I dunno, I was thinking that a 12oz would use a lot of beer.. and something a bit smaller might be cool.

I think small sample sized bottles would be pretty cool as well!

I'd advise against filling 12's halfway, though. From what I have read, you will likely have exploding bottles since the CO2 will be filling up the headspace instead of dissolving in solution, causing more psi on the glass.

No idea if that's true, but I've read it a bunch.

12 oz bottles aren't too much in my opinion. Any time you crack one open to give samples to friends you'll realize how small they are. I use pint bottles for most of each batch but also fill 12s for samples and for when I'm not feeling like a whole pint. When I split a 12 with one friend each of us get just enough to get a good idea of what the beer is all about and just enough to make us want another. ;)

Back