First brew in the fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan09554

Reaction score
Just put my first home brew in the fermenter. Its a Bavarian Weisen, all LME. Hoping all goes well. Thanks to everyone for all the posts that I have read to help me get this far. Going to try and wait patiently

28 hours after I put the wort in the primary, finally seeing bubble in the airlock. I'll admit, I was starting to get nervous. Hopefully, this is the start of something good.

Ok, so the airlock has slowed dramatically and I guess curiosity(and a lack of patience) has gotten the best of me. After 1 week in primary I decided to take a gravity reading. The OG was 1.040. Today, the reading is 1.014. I hope I'm on the right track.

Sure sounds like you are. Now forget about it for another week or even 2 and check it again. That will give the yeast time to complete their work.

I bottled the beer today. I may have messed up a little. When I primed the the bottling bucket I didn't mix it when I racked the wort. I guess time will tell. The beer tasted really good, sure hope the carbonation works

I bottled the beer today. I may have messed up a little. When I primed the the bottling bucket I didn't mix it when I racked the wort. I guess time will tell. The beer tasted really good, sure hope the carbonation works

Did this once, when I tasted the last bit in the bucket it was sweet. Ended up opening every bottle and gently pouring it back, remixing, and bottling all over again. Better that than bottle bombs, caps are cheap.

Congrats on your first brew!

After sitting in the bottle for 10 days, I finally decided to give it a go. I opened my FIRST bottle of homebrew. I am very surprised. Can't believe I actually made this. Flavor is very good. While there is enough carbonation to hear the sound while popping the cap, and a fair amount of bubbles and a thin head, I think a little more time will be great. Thanks again for the advice, encouragement and this great forum. By the way, soon after I had my very first homebrew, I had my second!!!!

Back