Anyone ever try to make a hybrid drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportscrazed2

Reaction score
Besides beer other favorite drinks include: Arizona Tea, Lemonade, and Coffee. Anyone ever try to mix in some of these ingredients during the boil? Would adding arizona tea to beer make it taste like Arizona tea?

Interesting idea. Off the top of my head maybe brew a hef and put the tea (unsweetened) in the secondary along with some lemon juice. It could be some sort of crazy Arnold Palmer. I just made apfelwine (sp?) and used hef yeast. It's not quite cider and not quite beer, besides the aroma, everyone at thanksgiving enjoyed it though.

Interesting idea. Off the top of my head maybe brew a hef and put the tea (unsweetened) in the secondary along with some lemon juice. It could be some sort of crazy Arnold Palmer. I just made apfelwine (sp?) and used hef yeast. It's not quite cider and not quite beer, besides the aroma, everyone at thanksgiving enjoyed it though.

When I made my hard ginger ale, lemon juice leaves a funny taste when it ferments out. To me it's normal because i'm vietnamese and i enjoyed the hell out of vietnamese preserved/fermented lemonade as a kid. But i can imagine it really throwing off someone who's not used to it. I've had much better flavor from lemon zest, it's where a majority of the lemon flavor is anyways.

To the op, try it. I had some success with a gallon of apple cider in my 5gal batch of brown ale.

I had a great Shandy this summer. It was a Berliner Weisse mixed with lemonade. Fantastic drink on a hot day.

Read that once while surfing wiki (it's one of my favorite pass times, never know what you learn, sorta like a choose your own adventure discovery channel, lol). Made some a while ago with hefe and limeade, also added in a shot of rum because... well, because i could :tank:

I actually decided to make a Green Tea Honey Kolsch because pretty much all I ever drink is Arizonas Green Tea. It actually tastes pretty damn similar and its one of my favorite beers that I make. its also one of the 4 or 5 that I re-brew pretty regularly.

Yeah Shandy! I love mixing lemonade or OJ with beer. Not all the time, but great for AM drinkin!

I actually decided to make a Green Tea Honey Kolsch because pretty much all I ever drink is Arizonas Green Tea. It actually tastes pretty damn similar and its one of my favorite beers that I make. its also one of the 4 or 5 that I re-brew pretty regularly.

That sounds interesting. Do you have a recipe that you would be willing to share?

Latest posts

Back