S'mores Stout Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Likebull

Reaction score
So seeing the holiday season is right around the corner, I am going to attempt to make a S'mores Stout.
My goal is to slightly tweak Slim's Graham Cracker Ale.

Here is a sneak peek at my label so far.

I am a huge South Park fan...So those of you who watch will get the reference.

FINAL SMORES LABEL.jpg

More S'more Schnapps Randy!

Seriously though I'm trying something along the same lines -haven't decided if i'm going Smore or sweet potato casserole yet...but toasted Marshmallow is happening.

I completely agree on the toasted marshmallows. I plan on starting a small campfire and roasting a few marshmallows til there just a little brown. Then I'm gonna add them to my secondary.

This is very interesting. I wonder if it will still supply the "smoky campfire" taste without the actual campfire?
Maybe you could try adding an ounce or two of peat smoked malt to it.

I'm definitely down to trade s'more's for sweet potato.
Especially if there was a slight nutty taste. Maybe pecans...i dunno. Just rambling. Haha

I'm curious about the campfire aspect as well - I'm thinking of actually fire roasting the marshmallows first - I hadn't thought about peat smoked malt but that's a good idea too... I figure the syrup is so cheap to make why not try a few variations, especially since i plan to add it in secondary anyway.

Buddy of mine makes some incredible candied pecans - I may have to get him to make a few pounds to try those as well. should be some interesting experimenting.

Figured I'd throw out an update the recipe I posted for toasted marshmallow syrup is dangerous...that stuff is delicious I made a full 1.5 cup batch, let half ferment out, added half into the keg and I get just the hint of toasted marshmallow, then a bit more on the back end. I'm pretty thrilled so far with the outcome of my sweet potato casserole recipe.

20160914_181909.jpg

That is amazing! Glad it turned out so well. Did you get a good amour amount of roasted marshmallow taste?

I would love to try one of these!

I got a fair amount, I'm slowly dosing the keg with a bit more at a time, I don't want to make it too sweet.

Latest posts

Back