Quick help on priming sugar calc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm bottling a pumpkin ale today and since my computer died and took Beersmith with it:mad:, I need a little help on how much priming sugar I should use.

Usually use about 3/4 cup (no, I don't have a scale yet) for 5 gallons. Works well. After trub loss, I have about 4 gallons of the pumkin. I'm thinking, with my bad math, about .6 cup for the batch.

Sound right?

What temp is your beer at?? And how many volumes of co2?
Beer is at 68, 2.4 vols as mentioned above.
Because I don't have a scale, I've been guestimating most of the time. 3/4 cup is roughly equivalent to four oz. I think I'll be OK if I go slightly over 1/2 cup with this one.

Thank you. Four days without it and already I miss Beer Smith.
3.36 oz = .42 cups, BTW.

Yeah, I have gotten a little spoiled as well. That is why I keep my installation on my memory key. Plug it in any computer and run from there. Just make sure you back it up fairly regularly in case you lose or misplace it!

Yeah, I have gotten a little spoiled as well. That is why I keep my installation on my memory key. Plug it in any computer and run from there. Just make sure you back it up fairly regularly in case you lose or misplace it!
Ah, grasshopper, you have me mistaken for somebody who knows something about computers.:D

As soon as I figure out what you mean, I'll do it.:rockin:

Back