Brewing methods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b.druett

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to beer brewing, I made a few barrels so far using a starter kit consisting of a fermenting bin, pressure barrel, hydrometer, syphon tube. I have been buying the tins of 'Glupe' which I guess is the wort?

For a project at Uni I am going to make a machine to brew beer whereby you just have to add the ingredients at the start, then come back in about 3 weeks and have a barrel of beer all done. I'm not sure yet whether I will use the tin's of glupe yet or whether I will start from scratch with hoops etc....

What I would like to know is all the different methods of beer brewing. What is involved when starting from Malt and mashing etc... Any info would be really appreciated. Sorry if this question has been asked loads before but being so new to brewing and the forum I'm a bit lost at the moment! Thanks, Ben.

Yep, your question has been asked tons of times but that's ok! It sounds like you will be able to make better beer doing more of the stuff yourself. Best to start with extract brewing and work your way up from there. www.howtobrew.com or buy the book "How to Brew" by J. Palmer. I'm not a much of a reader, but brewing books helped me tremendously. Best to shell out a few pounds and pick one up (guessing your in the UK ;)).

The scope of your question is too large to answer in one post - best to just follow the links posted and get a good understanding from the start.

Welcome to brewing!

Latest posts

Back