Propane burner recomendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arpeggiator

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking to move my "brewery" off the stove in my kitchen to outside on my patio. Also, in the near future I hope to step up my game to all-grain brewing. My question is what type of best type of propane burner without spending too much. I have been looking at Bayou Classic Depot's website and they have a few burners geared toward the home brewer. they have single burners and jet burners with a range of prices for each. Also, are the legs on these burners suitable for a large pot or keg/kettle? What type of propane burner do you use?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to move my "brewery" off the stove in my kitchen to outside on my patio. Also, in the near future I hope to step up my game to all-grain brewing. My question is what type of best type of propane burner without spending too much. I have been looking at Bayou Classic Depot's website and they have a few burners geared toward the home brewer. they have single burners and jet burners with a range of prices for each. Also, are the legs on these burners suitable for a large pot or keg/kettle? What type of propane burner do you use?

I have two bayou classics. One came with the turkey fryer, and it worked fine with that pot. When I went to a keggle, I found that that burner wasn't really wide enough, so I bought the SQ-14. That's a great burner! It's wide enough for a keggle, and can bring 12 gallons of wort to a boil pretty quickly. The legs are strong, and I highly recommend that burner.

I got the SP-10 a few months ago. It's great, and can bring large volumes to a boil quickly. Noisy if you open it full throttle, but I rarely do end up opening it all the way up (and I don't really mind the noise when I do). At about $50, it seemed a good value compared to many other new burners.

Back