Beertools-pre boil gravity and inventory question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schristian619

Reaction score
I have been using beer alchemy for a while and decided that I wanted more functionality and a larger inventory of ingredients, so I bought beertools. One thing that beer alchemy didn't do that iw as looking for is acurate inventory tracking. Ie. it never subtracted things out of inventory when I brewed. I was hoping that beertools did this, but I can't seem to get it to do so. Am I dreaming to have this feature?

Also, I don't see a place in beertools to enter my pre-boil gravity. Isn't this essential in determining efficiency? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

ps...If anyone has calibrated their equipment and uses 2 10 gal coolers from HD for fly sparging, mayeb you can help me out with the thermal mass and other needed info to calibrate.

You enter the measured gravity in the beer profile section below the ingredients window.

And there is a tool in the header for inventory reduction "Remove from Inventory", IIRC.

Don;t have BM in front of me.

Back