Keweenaw Brewing Company?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

displacedyoop

Reaction score
Has anyone worked out any kbc recipes. I would really love to make some for my topper friends in Kalamazoo. Widow maker is great I am going to try to see if I can get an idea of the ingredients when I go up there for the holidays. But if anyone knows already I want to start a batch.

Please post if you find anything out. Their scotch ale is killer but they don't distribute it.

Is this the beer that they sell in cans? if so I was really disapointed by there beers. I am a big Michigan brewery fan but the beers I had from them were not all that great.

Yep the canned beer, this is a major reason for wanting to make it. Excellent out of the tap, not so great in aluminum. They have great beers on tap if your ever this far north

Has anyone worked out any kbc recipes.
Worked out the recipes? Heck, I know the recipes. Out of respect for Tom (brewer), Dick & Paul (owners), I won't give away their recipes, but I can help you formulate your own to get close.

I would really love to make some for my topper friends in Kalamazoo. Widow maker is great I am going to try to see if I can get an idea of the ingredients when I go up there for the holidays. But if anyone knows already I want to start a batch.
Start with a predominant base of 2-R pale, add just a couple percent or less of black patent, choc, or roast barley. Hop lightly with something not citrousy.

Yep the canned beer, this is a major reason for wanting to make it. Excellent out of the tap, not so great in aluminum. They have great beers on tap if your ever this far north
You know you're not supposed to drink it out of the can, right? Pour that into a glass and 99% of people won't ever know it came from a can. Canning technology has come a long way since our grandparents drank PBR from a can.

TB

+1 on their scotch ale. I've never been up to KBC but when those guys come down to the annual beer fest in Escanaba, they always bring some stuff that they don't can.

Back