Brewing in Hawaii

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
It's hot here, so I need help. I'm assuming that I'm going to use a fridge with a temp controller.

Anyway, after watching a 5 gallon bucket of water for a few days my fermentation temp is going to be between 73 to 75 degrees. I'm somewhat familiar with using foam and chunks of ice, this all sounds like to much of an effort to me. So is there any sort of beer that I can make using any yeast that will work at these temperatures?

Also, let's pretend I go to a fridge with a temp controller and do my primary fermentation in there for an ale at say 65 degrees? Can I do my secondary fermentation at 75 and start another beer or is secondary fermentation temp just as important as primary?

I don't even like Belgians fermented too hot. Too many fusel alcohols in the finished product. I think you just have to get a temp controller. No way around it. As far as a secondary goes I think it's a waste of time so I wouldn't bother.

Get a freezer rather than a fridge that way you can do what ever you like including lagers

Back