Building a Sanke Mash Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
So I got myself a Sanke Keg, 8 metal sawzall blades and a sawzall. I also have the metal bits to drill the holes for weldless fittings. Now I just need someone to help me on how to build this thing.

Where is the best place to get parts, and what is the best way to set it up?

I would like to go weldless on the whole thing, and eventually hook it to a pump. An easy way to dump spent grains would be great too.

It would be nice to have a sight tube, I could use a floating thermometer, but a built-in mash thermometer would be nicer.

Also any advise from a person who has assembled one before would be great.

:mug:

When I did mine I used this weldless fitting: http://morebeer.com/product.html?product_id=19806 it made the process a lot easier. I didn't put a sight glass on my mush tun but I did make one for my HLT. You also need to get a top from a kitchen supply or Walmart and trace it out where you will cut. I also insulated mine with a hot water heater blanket to help hold temp (which it does very well). You may also really consider putting a weldless thermometer on it so you don't have to keep taking the top off to check the temp. Hope this helps.

Back