Maintex Sani-cide 94?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcinco

Reaction score
http://www.costcobusinessdelivery.c...ctant-Cleaner,-1-gallon.product.11311501.html

I'm wondering if anyone has tried or thought of trying this quat sanitizer as a substitute for Alpet D2? $6.50 for basically an infinite supply. I had originally though of trying to find a way to use quat pool algaecide but thought better of it, but I ran across this food sanitizer at Costco (business center) and am curious.

Star san is the gold standard but this could be nice to hit the bugs from different/multiple angles (I typically dip with star san, spray with Alpet and have had great results avoiding infections). The price might be an answer to Alpet being multiples more expensive than Star San (although still relatively cheap and easy to use) and also not having to buy it pre-mixed.

It looks like Sani-cide is used in the food service industry at 1:500 concentration for sanitation. I do like the idea of cutting with water for better fire safety (although it would evaporate slower).

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Bump, any thoughts? Anyone want to try some? It'll take me years to use a gallon of this stuff at 500:1.

Back