Days of carrying homebrew on the plane may be numered...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Airline plot involved liquid explosives

LONDON - British authorities said Thursday they had thwarted a terrorist plot to simultaneously blow up several aircraft heading to the U.S. using explosives smuggled in carry-on luggage. U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Chertoff said the terrorists planned to use liquid explosives disguised as beverages and other common products and detonators disguised as electronic devices.

Big fuss about that here today. Apparently if you were bringing a milk bottle for a baby you had to taste it first before you were allowed it on. If they make us do that with homebrew, I'm not complaining ;)

Once again the level of feakout will exceed rationality.
All liquids....
Wouldn't someone switch to dry components and then liquefy them with the complimentary Diet Coke?

I guess this now puts me on a watch list.

olllllo said:
All liquids....
Wouldn't someone switch to dry components and then liquefy them with the complimentary Diet Coke?

Sicko. :p

olllllo said:
All liquids....

You planning on causing a terrorist incident using Mentos?

I don't know at what point they stopped doing it, but I know I always used to be asked to take a swig out of my beverage before letting me pass through security. Looks like this policy might be reinstituted.

I read today that the no liquid policy only applies to carry on luggage. I was worried, because I'm going to Cali in a couple of weeks and I planned on picking up some brews I can't get here.

alemonkey said:
I read today that the no liquid policy only applies to carry on luggage. I was worried, because I'm going to Cali in a couple of weeks and I planned on picking up some brews I can't get here.
Fed x it home.Sorry I ment UPS (union)

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY FOR TRAVEL WITHIN THE UNITED STATES:

- No liquids or gels of any kind will be permitted in carry on baggage. That includes drinks, toothpaste, perfume, shampoo, hair gel, suntan lotion and similar items. Drinks purchased in the airport cannot be carried onto flights.

Exception: Baby formula and medicine must be presented for inspection at checkpoint.

These additional security measures will make travel more difficult for passengers, but they are necessary and will continue to keep flights from the UK and US airports properly secure. It has not been determined at this time how long these extra security measures will be in effect. Expect huge delays as security screeners implement this new security ruling.

Travelers should go about their plans confidently, while maintaining vigilance in their surroundings and exercising patience with screening and security officials.

The United States and the United Kingdom are fully united and resolute in this effort and in our ongoing efforts to secure our respective homelands.

For more information on current U.S. airport security measures, please refer to the Department of Homeland Security and Transportation Security Administration websites:

www.dhs.gov
www.tsa.gov

Back