Hefe conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedDragon

Reaction score
What is the best temp to bottle condition hefeweizen? Per directions of recipe, I fermented at 62 degrees F but no conditioning recommendation. Thanks.

Rather than start a new thread, I'll ask here. Are ferm/conditioning times similar for hefeweizens and dunkelweizens?

For all types of Wizens, you ferment them until they hold final gravity for 3 days, and they are ready to drink as soon as they are carbonated. There is no conditioning for a Wizen.

Check out my dunkelwizen in my sognature for a recipe that I took from brew to draft in 14 days, and was fantastic.

Noob here.
Just bottled a hef and kept the fermentation temp at 62 with a water fermentation chiller system.
I don't have a temperature control system for the bottles and my house will get as warm as 78 degrees for a couple hours per day (that is what my A/C thermostat is set to)

How warm can the bottles get without creating any issues?

The Hef turned out great with a bottle conditioning temp of 78. It was fully carbed in one week! No reply necessary.

Back