Corney Keg Cheap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Col224

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get a single Corney keg cheap and fast(and good quality of course)? No LHBS near me.

Well, the problem is shipping. Kegs might be $17-20 but the shipping is a killer. I found that Insco (a vendor on here) had the best delivered price for me. I paid just about $100 for 4, delivered. They are large, so the shipping is more than you'd expect.

How about connecting them to a commercial tap? is there a way to do that or do I need special gear? I have the CO2 tank and a regulator/tap for a commercial keg(such as bud) but I want to hook up my homebrew. Any thoughts?

and thanks for all the quick replies.

How about connecting them to a commercial tap? is there a way to do that or do I need special gear? I have the CO2 tank and a regulator/tap for a commercial keg(such as bud) but I want to hook up my homebrew. Any thoughts?

and thanks for all the quick replies.

We all hook them up to a commercial "faucet", you just have to ditch the commercial tap and get about $12 worth of gas-in and beer-out corny fittings for your keg *pin or ball lock*.

You might also check ebay. I looked on there a few weeks ago and saw some for around $20 bucks, not sure about shipping cost though.

Jason (insco) seemed to be the cheapest once S/H was included. he seems to have many, many satisfied customers here. You may also want to look at Keggle Brewing (ebay and website) He often posts here as Pedalbiker. This is where I ordered my kegs from. They are cleaned, rebuilt and polished for not much more money. All things you can do yourself and save some money, but they sure looked nice. You may also want to look at tapsandkegsman (ebay). I did not order from him, but he had good prices if you only wanted 2 kegs.

I agree about Jason (insco). He shipped me a single corny for $25 total. Here is a link with everything you need to go from sanke fittings to corny fittings. Sanke Tap to Homebrew Conversion Kit, with disconnects

You might be able to find the individual pieces in the link cheaper elsewhere. But, that seems to be a decent deal. With those fittings you can easily go back and forth from commercial sanke kegs to homebrew corny kegs.

Shipping is the determinant. If you get a quote from Jason, while the cost of the keg is cheap I found that the shipping cost made it just as expensive as buying online. I buy mine from Morebeer because it came out to the same cost for single keg since they do free shipping. That way I don't have to drop a lot of money for 4 at a time. And if I had ordered the 4-pack from Morebeer it would actually have been cheaper.

But like I said it all depends on shipping.

Back