Raising the height of a Propane Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffeetester

Reaction score
A friend and I did our first 10 gallon batch last week and our biggest problem was HLT to Mash tun control. We currently have our Colman Rectangular cooler on a Workmate work bench. We need to add more elevation to our HLT and I have collapsible saw horses that can get me higher then the current table. The issue I have is what can I use to hold onto the burner. I am worried that wood would burn with a Bayou Classic SP10 (185K BTU) burner. I am looking for suggestions on what to make the stand out of. Here are some of requirements;

1) Must collapse or break down. I do not mind spending 10 minutes bolting and unbolting this.
2) Material should be under 40$ (Not including Tools)

I do not mind proving a stable base with the saw horses but I also do not want to damage my ability to do wood working.

There is steel shelving that breaks down pretty easily that you can buy at home depot. I think it's about twice your budget though.

Back