Basic kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tv219

Reaction score
Hey just showing what I did today, I don't know the model of the fridge but scored it for cheap,$40,

I bent the bottom part of the freezer 90 degrees touching the back of the fridge, cut some of the slits and ridges so it fit snug, and just took out the shelves and let the thermostat hang. Went well now I got get the brew in the kegs! Thoughts and suggestions because I am thinking of just putting taps through the door to be safe...

image-1597937966.jpg

image-4029500078.jpg

image-4084483949.jpg

image-593259743.jpg

Looks good to me, and not a bad price either! :)

If you have room for the shanks (they usually stick out a couple inches on the back side/inside of the door) putting the taps on the door wouldn't be a problem.

There's a way you can use some kind of paste made from cornstarch (i think) and water, to find where the lines run in your fridge/freezer. Do a quick search and you should find how to make it. I just put the taps in the door of mine, but it's a full size fridge.

Back