Fishing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went fishing last weekend with my father in law.
We were caught 9 bluegills(some of them 11 inches long), a couple of striper and this big boy - a 33 pound flathead catfish. We caught him on a 10 inch bluegill!

r2nedl.jpg

hrapur.jpg

6fpdnm.jpg

I can't wait to get back home from deployment and start fishing again! Take some homebrew with me, and relax in the shade on the bank.

Too bad there are not many spots in Abilene to do it often.

It's illegal in Minnesota to use game fish for bait. I think it's illegal to even use PARTS of gamefish for bait.

But yeah.. Bluegills are magic bait for flatheads ;)

It's illegal in Minnesota to use game fish for bait. I think it's illegal to even use PARTS of gamefish for bait.

But yeah.. Bluegills are magic bait for flatheads ;)

I think that it is fairly universal that in freshwater, game fish are illegal to use as bait. But they also make good pickerel and pike bait.

While we're sharing pics. Here's one of my father down on the Rogue River last fall in southern Oregon. The second picture is of my uncle from last year. I fish bass and trout in the summer, salmon and steelies come fall and winter and occasionally sturgeon on the Columbia.

dadfishinginternt.jpg

TucsteelApril08.jpg

I think that it is fairly universal that in freshwater, game fish are illegal to use as bait. But they also make good pickerel and pike bait.

It's not illegal where we were fishing. I do not take part in poaching by any method...I am disgusted by it. We were totally Legit!:cross:

In TX Bluegill's arnt concidered as a game fish. I've used them as bait for catfish before.

Back