Did anyone else catch this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k1v1116

Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/world/africa/03aids.html?ref=world

This isn't the first time I've seen something like this, there is a definite trend for doctors to have names hilariously appropriate for their line of work.

excerpt:
Dr. Kevin M. De Cock, who heads the World Health Organization’s H.I.V./AIDS department, said performing circumcisions on a large scale was no simple task for overstretched health care systems in southern African countries, where the approach was most needed. He acknowledged that adoption of the strategy had been “relatively slow.”

lol. I am glad to have been given a somewhat normal name. At the very least, my name is not Cock, nor do I preform cercumcisions

Along those lines...

When I was in 6th grade, my social studies teacher was talking about how, a long time ago, people's name had to do with their profession. She said, "Miller probably milled grain, Smith was probably a blacksmith..." My friend yells out "What about John Hancock?". I fell out of my chair laughing. True story.

A friend of mine was born with the last name "Mycock".... He changed his name right before marrying a girl named "Choate"....

I kinda wanted an invite to the "Choate-Mycock" wedding... :D

Well, I worked with a lady who's name is Anita Johnson. A long time ago I worked with a Guy who's name was Richard Soss. He insisted on being referred to by his nick name Dick!

Then there was the doctor at the clinic. Dr. Cramm...:drunk:

Well not quite as dirty sounding as some of the others in this thread but, when i was a kid we had neighbors whose last name was Quake. They had a daughter named patricia that they insisted on calling Patty. Patty Quake, Patty Quake, baker's man...

There's a fund manager at Putnam Investments named Dick Weed, he runs some of their small-cap growth funds. He's not "Richard"; he's "Dick."

There's a retired doctor in town named Dr. Clutz. He used to have a partnership with Dr. Payne.

I had a drill sergeant whose name was:

Drill Sergeant Cain

Yep-- when someone got smoked by him they were often asked: So, been raising Cain again, eh?

One day me and my friend were bored and looked through the phone book for amusing names. I found a couple in the phone book named Phillip and Patricia Mawhinney.

Yes. Phil and Pat Mawhinney.

Lets see... went to school with Anita Kauk, worked with Dong Dong and Dak Phuc and I have an inlaw that works for an OBGYN - Dr. Felix Sanchez. We call him Dr. Feelin Snatches... :D

While growing up, one of my friends' father was a doctor with the last name of Pepper.

My buddy is in the Navy and his last name is Byrnes... so he's now known only as "Seaman Byrnes".

My dad graduated, and is still friends with, Hugh Janus. It's a shame he's not a proctologist.

I worked on a mans car a few years ago who was named Dick Jackman!

I have also prank called George Jetson who lives in the DC area

There's a fellow who works at my company named Richard Hair.

A childhood friend is named Eric Shinn.

brad pitt has a kid named shiloh pitt, sometimes when people are tired they swap the first syllables on two words for example if you did this with shiloh pitt it becomes piloh ****t. I wonder if this was on purpose?

Here are some of the names of people I've spoken to lately... No, I cannot tell you where I work.

Suave Johnson
Duk Dong
Ronald McDonald
Atomic Green (and his brother Nuclear Green)
Sharon Micucci (and her sister Wynn... so apparently while one is raffling it off, the other is giving it away)

My cousin is named after my uncle Richard Sweat..but we call him little Richard.

Latest posts

Back