1st AG, Thrown out today 7/11/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EamusCatuli

Reaction score
My first AG recipe, dunkelweizen, got a mold infection in the secondary a couple weeks ago. I racked under it in hopes I would salvage 2/3 of the brew. Today I took a look at the beer and the infection grew back. I am sad to say, the mold spores have made the beer unsalvageable, and I was forced to pour it all out :(:(:(

So fire your 21 gun salute, and sing your saddest song, the beer is gone....

Im just posting this to push better sanitizing than I obviously did, please don't let this happen to your beer. Thank god my 2nd AG, a rye, is fermenting away beautifully. I wont let this beat me homebrewing gods....:rockin:

21gunsalute.JPG

Actually now that I think about it, I used the sanitized racking cane that was used to rack underneath the mold bucket the first time on my rye....please brewgods don't do it to me again!!!!

*off to the store to buy 2 new carboy's, primary, and racking cane and tubing.

Actually now that I think about it, I used the sanitized racking cane that was used to rack underneath the mold bucket the first time on my rye....please brewgods don't do it to me again!!!!

Ouch, that would hurt real bad.

Pictures?

Back