How many brews? In your life, haha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That assumes I am the only one drinking it... that is the thing about brewing, you gain friends quickly. :p

Very true....

And I find myself buying all sorts of different beers to find something different to brew. Hence the oatmeal stout

27x5=. 135 gallons, solid consumption... 11 and some change gallons a month":mug:

Very nice Bull

Actually, I counted the 2 batches that I've alredy brewed this year. so 25

I brewed 7 times in 2 weeks for holiday brews for 3 parties, and I brewed 2 batches for a friends party.

So for me and friends, in 2011, I brewed 16 times.:D

2 or 3 were 10 gallons though!:mug:

I was reading this thread and it got me wondering how many gallons of beer I brewed in my lifetime. Researching the numbers I realized how big of a drunk I was, 2800 gallons so far.

Bull, a lot of people brew crappy beers and a lot of people brew great beers. Agreed, there are some insecure brewers who try to show how superior they are to other brewers. These people are in the miniority on this forumn. You need to lighten up, this is for fun. There's no one on their soapbox proclaiming the're are superior to anyone on this thread. I tend not focus on the numbers, but the quality of my beers. For purposes of this thread, I was curious, aren't you?

The bottom line is, you're only as good as the last batch of beer you brewed.

Started brewing in February last year, got 19 batches done in 2011, some definitely better than others. Boiling my first batch of 2012 right now. Sadly one batch is all I had time for this weekend, that leaves me with two sad empty fermenters.

Not a clue really... a rough estimation would put me somewhere in the 200's though.

I have been brewing beer for about 10 years now, and I'm one of the ones that haven't kept records since the first year or so. I am a lot more interested in the process of brewing than the particular recipe I'm using, and I can always seem to enjoy whatever it is that I happen to have on tap, so that part doesn't really matter to me that much.

Swilldog said:
I was reading this thread and it got me wondering how many gallons of beer I brewed in my lifetime. Researching the numbers I realized how big of a drunk I was, 2800 gallons so far.

Bull, a lot of people brew crappy beers and a lot of people brew great beers. Agreed, there are some insecure brewers who try to show how superior they are to other brewers. These people are in the miniority on this forumn. You need to lighten up, this is for fun. There's no one on their soapbox proclaiming the're are superior to anyone on this thread. I tend not focus on the numbers, but the quality of my beers. For purposes of this thread, I was curious, aren't you?

The bottom line is, you're only as good as the last batch of beer you brewed.

Amen!

It's hard to count but it's a lot. I could most likely look on my computer @home add them to the notebooks+some of my father and grandfathers notebooks that we brewed together(fantastic family event)then add it to the ones on my iPad. I'm sure I'd come up with a number,but it's not so much the number of batches you brew. More the ones you remember either because it was great beer or the people you were brewing with. I'd say one to three times a year I get that "beer to remember"same with the"fun family memories"the rest is usually "good"or "normal" and rarely a"mistake". All in all I do it for all of those experiences. That's what it takes to become great at anything,experience and the will to learn. I've learned a lot over the years and continue to learn every day. I really love being able to taste my skill & experience and help others do the same.

It's hard to count but it's a lot. I could most likely look on my computer @home add them to the notebooks+some of my father and grandfathers notebooks that we brewed together(fantastic family event)then add it to the ones on my iPad. I'm sure I'd come up with a number,but it's not so much the number of batches you brew. More the ones you remember either because it was great beer or the people you were brewing with. I'd say one to three times a year I get that "beer to remember"same with the"fun family memories"the rest is usually "good"or "normal" and rarely a"mistake". All in all I do it for all of those experiences. That's what it takes to become great at anything,experience and the will to learn. I've learned a lot over the years and continue to learn every day. I really love being able to taste my skill & experience and help others do the same.

Nice post! I love the family element :)

wailingguitar said:
Nice post! I love the family element :)

Thanks man! Family is very important to me & brewing is important to us as a family. I look forward to teaching my children and grandchildren to brew when there old enough.

I was thinking about all those homebrews I've brewed and drank over the 24 years of homebrewing. Did a litttle coversion from gallons to 12 oz bottles and came up with number 29,680. Then an old drinking song came to mind.

29,680 bottles of beer on the wall, 29,680 bottles of beer, take one down and pass it around 29,679 bottles of beer on the wall.

It's going to take me forever to get to zero.

I know I'm warped.

I was thinking about all those homebrews I've brewed and drank over the 24 years of homebrewing. Did a litttle coversion from gallons to 12 oz bottles and came up with number 29,680. Then an old drinking song came to mind.

29,680 bottles of beer on the wall, 29,680 bottles of beer, take one down and pass it around 29,679 bottles of beer on the wall.

It's going to take me forever to get to zero.

I know I'm warped.

Lol, damn, that's a lot of beer

Back