Ice Mountain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes numerous times. My tap water isn't great, so I needed to use something else. The option was the Culligan machine at the grocery store.

Have had no problems with it.

I used to buy the 2.5 Gallon jugs of Ice Mountain for my beer. I really liked it, but didn't pay much attention to water chemistry then. Once I did start paying attention, I found out Chicago water isn't so bad for brewing, just pretty highly chlorinated.

Then I built one of these: http://***********/stories/projects-and-equipment/article/indices/20-build-it-yourself/402-build-your-own-water-filter-projects

Maybe something like that will work for you. It costs maybe $40 in parts, but if it lowers your cost per brew by $10 a batch, then you'll make up the difference quickly.

i don't use ice mountain but the well that they get there water from to bottle is only twenty miles from my parents house and in the same aquifer so i know there water is good

I used to buy the 2.5 Gallon jugs of Ice Mountain for my beer. I really liked it, but didn't pay much attention to water chemistry then. Once I did start paying attention, I found out Chicago water isn't so bad for brewing, just pretty highly chlorinated.

Then I built one of these: http://***********/stories/projects-and-equipment/article/indices/20-build-it-yourself/402-build-your-own-water-filter-projects

Maybe something like that will work for you. It costs maybe $40 in parts, but if it lowers your cost per brew by $10 a batch, then you'll make up the difference quickly.

Wow that is phenomenal!

I am so making one of those.

Holy cow, I definitely need to construct one of those! Thanks for posting the link!

Ice Mountain is good tasting water. I don't know the chemistry, but they are like 20 minutes from my house. Since I have a report on my own water, I use y own water and sometimes mix with distilled. But the Ice Mountain has worked well for the average beer.

Back