Racking/kegging/bottling day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't take any pictures (I should have :mad:) but today I bottled 10 gallons of wine (6 gallons of barolo from a kit, and 4 gallons of chokecherry from last year), racked 11 gallons of chokecherry that I'm oaking again, and kegged 10 gallons of dryhopped IPA.

I also washed one S05 yeast cake.

I was going to rack another beer today- I'm going on vacation in a few days and wanted to wash this yeast cake before I go- but I'm TIRED! I can't believe how tired I am from my favorite hobby. I guess I'm getting old or something!

What did YOU do today?

I went and picked up about 400 lbs of grain that was on sale (enough to last me for a year). When I got home I packed it all up nice and tight in some rubbermade totes and taped up the lids to keep the grain fresh. When I went to pour me a pint, my current keg pooped out, so I cleaned/sanitized my beer line and tapped a fresh keg (luckily I had one behind it that's already carbed). Then I kegged up a fresh pale ale to keep the pipeline going.

I got .010 extra SG points on my soon to be Vanilla Porter. Feels good after having a crap brew day 2 weekends ago.

Research and learning the math behind the hobby really do go a long way!

hmm, I went to my LHBS and bought a Barley Crusher (finally!) and a pack of 1028 for next weekends brew. No work really... unless you consider going to a dinner where they only served red wine.. and all I could think of was.. boy, I sure would like a beer right now :tank:

Brewed beer and inspected the two other beers I have in various stages of fermentation. Also did some more planning on my collapsible tiered electric HERMS setup (think nesting tables, but with stainless HD drawer slides). Oh, and helped my Dad layout marker strings for planning his new house. It was a good day.

I was at the 2011 Schlafly hop in the city beer fest today. Always a good time!

I wish I could have gone to that. Ended up having way too much homework assigned this weekend that's due on Monday and Tuesday.

All I can really say I did was start cold crashing my 1L starter of wlp001 in preparation to decant and repitch into a 1 gal starter for my barleywine next next weekend.

Latest posts

Back