I am the luckest man alive...another Belgium beer trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifelee

Reaction score
I posted awhile back about a four day trip my wife and I took to Belgium while living in Scotland. Well I must be the luckiest man alive because my wife won a travel gift certificate and we are going back to Scotland for her graduation. But the best part is that she has agreed to a long stop (5 days) in Amsterdam for beer (I promise just beer). We are thinking about renting a car and doing a loop through northwestern Germany and northeastern Belgium. Have any of you traveled this area? Any recommendations or must sees?

fifelee said:
I posted awhile back about a four day trip my wife and I took to Belgium while living in Scotland. Well I must be the luckiest man alive because my wife won a travel gift certificate and we are going back to Scotland for her graduation. But the best part is that she has agreed to a long stop (5 days) in Amsterdam for beer (I promise just beer). We are thinking about renting a car and doing a loop through northwestern Germany and northeastern Belgium. Have any of you traveled this area? Any recommendations or must sees?

It's such a great loop in a car. And just beer in Amsterdam? Come... ON!

Thanks for putting Antwerp up. Much appreciated. We leave on Thanksgiving day. The Scotland part will be first, then Amsterdam from 11/28 to 12/2.

When I was in Scotland the Nov/Dec weather was rather mild. Anyone know about the Netherlands/Belgium. I assume it won't be too bad as we aren't going but a few hundred miles from the coast and nowhere near the Alps.

fifelee said:
Thanks for putting Antwerp up. Much appreciated. We leave on Thanksgiving day. The Scotland part will be first, then Amsterdam from 11/28 to 12/2.

When I was in Scotland the Nov/Dec weather was rather mild. Anyone know about the Netherlands/Belgium. I assume it won't be too bad as we aren't going but a few hundred miles from the coast and nowhere near the Alps.

I was there last November till about the 17 of November. Weather was pretty nice (+10C, 50F) although the locals were saying that it was unseasonably warm for that time of year.

Back