Found bag of mixed malt, forgot the recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theshoe82

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I was poking around the kitchen today and came across a bag of mixed malt. It hasn't been milled yet, but the bag contains the following:

1 lb flaked wheat
1 lb white wheat
.25 lb light red wheat
.25 lb Caravienne

For the life of me, I cannot remember what I was going to brew. I am still partial mashing, so its not a recipe I would have made up. Chances are its a HBT recipe or something from northern brewer. I checked both the recipe section of HBT and northern brewer and cannot find a match. I hate waste and I cannot bear to toss the grains (remember, they are mixed and I am not going to try and separate them).

Does anyone know what sort of recipe this grain bill is for? I imagine some sort of Belgian or wheat beer but I do not remember! Or maybe you have a suggestion of something I can whip up with the grains on hand and some extract, 2-row, pale malt, or Vienna (I have 10 LBS of each of those on hand).

HELP! :cross:

Sounds like the beginning of a White IPA. Add some light two row for a 1.060 OG and give it three good hoppings with some Magnums at 60, Centennials at 20 and Cascades at flame out! Enough for about 40 IBU's would be nice depending on how much of a hop head you are!?

Latest posts

Back