Decorating with Bottle Caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zul'jin

Reaction score
I wanna stick bottle caps to the nose of my formica kitchen counter top. The crown side will be down so the face/art side will be visible.

Tried super glue and it's too liquidy. Just runs off the edge of the crown and not enough left to actually stick the cap to the counter. To my finger, sure. But not the counter.

Maybe a spray or roll on fast drying adhesive and clear shellac them over to hold them on for good.

Don't want nails or screws in them. They aren't that fancy or rare and most are used but not all bent up, I just don't want nails or screws in them.

I wanna stick bottle caps to the nose of my formica kitchen counter top. The crown side will be down so the face/art side will be visible.

Tried super glue and it's too liquidy. Just runs off the edge of the crown and not enough left to actually stick the cap to the counter. To my finger, sure. But not the counter.

Maybe a spray or roll on fast drying adhesive and clear shellac them over to hold them on for good.

Don't want nails or screws in them. They aren't that fancy or rare and most are used but not all bent up, I just don't want nails or screws in them.

Since your problem is gravity and time can you apply them to some surface first then apply that surface to the front?

Yes! I've stuck some caps to painters tape. Then, I painted the nose of the counter with Gorilla glue. Then, I stuck the tape to the counter top and counter bottom to hold the caps against the glue. We shall see in 30-60 minutes. I think I'll have to draw a straight line on the tape so I can line up the caps straight though. My test strip looks a little out of line.

I like the comment in the other thread about painting the surface with epoxy and the laying them down, then letting that dry to hold them in place when you pour the main filler of epoxy.

Gorilla glue was a no go. Glue that turns itself into super hard rabies foam, as my wife called it, could still prove useful for other projects.

Maybe some shellac left to get tacky will hold them and then I'll shellac over it all once they have dried in place.

Or just break down and mortar or mastic them.

Glue a bunch of small magnets to the edge and then stick the cap on the magnets? Some rare earth magnets might be strong enough to hold them.

Latest posts

Back